Monday, January 19, 2009

ISEQ Stock Market Crash - Again

It's at a time like this that I'm reminded of our great statesman, Patrick Bartholomew Ahern. He imparted this bit of wisdom on us last year.

"Bank of Ireland shares are €3.80 today. Now if I meet you here next year, or the year after, do you seriously think Bank of Ireland shares will be €3.80? I'd go out and buy Bank of Ireland shares . . . that's what I'd do,"

Bank of Ireland share price today - 40 cent.

I suppose he was half right.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We need more people to recognize bargains like BofI at 40 cents and start buying. You go first :-)

Anonymous said...

In fairness to Mr Ahern when anyone comments on shareprices - even the most admired financial expert everything they say can prove to be wrong.

There is too much analysis and archival trawling today. Perhaps that is why TDs now read in the Dail from carefully worded scripts and do not give exciting on-the-fly orations like years ago.

Isolde said...

Hello I am very disappointed with your blogging 'bebo fools incriminating themselves'. My name is unique and searching for jobs in these tough times has been made 10 times harder by that blog coming up anytime someone googles my name.

I would be extremely grateful if you would do this for me. I understand blogging is freedom of speech but that article is extremely old and i dont think anyone would mind if you were to take it down.

many thanks

Carrigaline said...

Since you asked nicely . . .

It'll probably take a few weeks for Google to clear out the keywords from the cache though.

Good luck in the job hunt.

Athiest Spam Bot

I can't say that I am all that keen on the revamped Blogger.