Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cheers Cllr Michael McGrath!

For many of us in modern Ireland, the St. Patrick's Weekend remains one of the most important hoidays for Irish people. For some; it's religious reasons that the weekend signifies, but for most it's the chance to take a breather and spend some quality time with our families and friends. My favourite memories of St. Patrick's Day; are those I spent with my family, curled on the couch with Guinness in hand, catching the parade on televison (we're always too bloated from our traditional turkey turn to even consider making the trek into Cork city).

Invariably though, with the progress this country has made, product prices go up. Fortunately this St. Patrick's Weekend, I happened to hear Michael McGrath on the radio_today, unearthing a bargain to take some of the financial pressure off of the holiday. Michael informed Cork that Tesco were running a special promotion whereby you get a 24-can slab of Guinness or Budweiser at half price! I'm glad Michael was there to inform us of this fantastic deal, because I would never have known otherwise as I tend to ignore all advertisments.

Three cheers to you Michael!


(Cllr Michael McGrath, ready to go for St. Patrick's Day!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil Prendeville is telling people that this will encourage underage drinking.

Tesco will be laughing at all this free publicity.

Anonymous said...

what a pile of cobblers. i went into tesco today in paul st trying to avail of the budweiser offer only to find they were sold out. went to wilton tesco and there was no bud there either

that clown mcgrath should keep his trap shut in future

gammagoblin said...

Dont just blame the mcgarth's and prendervile's of this country for the sell out, blame the fools who blogged about it too :D

St. Patricks day is the worst, most depressing holiday in the calander. Even the shivering jublies of frozen cheerleaders marching down dublin's streets, fail to stir me from my melencolia.

Colm said...

How's the story? HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES...Though that's probably because I haven't had Irish class on a Tuesday morning for a while now.

Carrigaline said...

Councillor Michael is now a Teachta Dála.

Maybe my blog isn't as popular as I think it is :(

Athiest Spam Bot

I can't say that I am all that keen on the revamped Blogger.